Our organization was founded in early 2002 in response to a broadly recognized need to improve the situation for companion animals in the Star Valley, Wyoming area. AHA-SV is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization.
Building successful partnerships for people and animals
• We support responsible animal caretakers by reducing numbers of homeless pets through low cost spay/neuter programs.
• We offer advice related to training and care to help animals stay in their current homes.
Finding a place for animals
• Some of our members open their hearts and homes to temporarily shelter needy animals.
• We try to find new homes for pets when needed.
• Lucky’s Place Animal Shelter & Adoption Center is still and always be a “work in progress" as we strive to meet the needs of Star Valley animals. At times we will be over filled to capacity and not able to take your pet but we will be happy to put you on our waiting list until we have an opening. We will be glad to place your animal on Petfinders until we have room. We will always have a need for Foster Homes for special needs, litters of kittens or puppies or hospice pets. See Foster Care Application.
WAG & WALK 4K Fun Run
For the past three years we have put on a Wag and Walk fund raiser. It was a fun time for all
Thanks to our SPONSORS: Flying Saddle Resort • Tootsies Pizza • Alpine Veterinary Clinic • Bridger Animal Hospital • Outlaw T’s of Star Valley • Rick, Sam and Sissy Holik • Rose and Kenneth Henderson • Rep. Marti Halverson • The Salon. Karen Hogan
The AHA of Star Valley is seeking an extremely organized, professional, trustworthy and knowledgeable Shelter Manager. This is a salaried, exempt position. The interested candidates will have knowledge of cat and dog behavior, knowledge of proper and current animal sheltering policies, desire to interact positively with the public, volunteers and staff, and a dedication to helping pets in Star Valley, WY.
The Shelter Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the AHA-SV facility, internal systems, policies and procedures, animal management and the staff. The Shelter Manager provides leadership, oversight and long range planning to ensure that all areas are operating as best as possible given the resources. The ideal candidate must demonstrate positive energy, flexibility, a positive demeanor, prioritize effectively and the desire to build relationships between donors, volunteers and staff. Send resume to email@example.com. More»